Due to sailing events already planned in Muiden during the weekend of 9th till 11th of June, when we had planned our reunion at the meeting last February, the administration has postponed the reunion by one week; so it will now be held from 16th till 18th June.
Winter Meeting 25 February 1989
The winter meeting was held again in the Apollo Hotel and was well attended,. The Gerdts family came all the way from Germany and Mr. and Mrs. Liebert from the U.K. The administration was very please to see that new members like Mr. and Mrs. Lammers, Mr. and Mrs. Maris, Mr. and Mrs. Pieterse, Mr. and Mrs. Staal and Mr. and Mrs. Visser were also present.
The palaver started at 18.15 and the following points were covered:
– The financial situation of the Alcyone Circle has improved considerably, as most members with a backlog in contribution payments have paid; hence the membership fee will not be raised next year.
– It was agreed upon by all of the members present that we would participate in Sail Amsterdam 1990.
– In the summer of 1989 it will be the 25th anniversary of the Alcyone Circle. Mr. Lieberts suggestion to celebrate this occasion was welcomed by all. The weekend planned was the 9th, 10th, and 11th of June 1989, but has been moved to the 16th, 17th and 18th of June 1989. (see introduction).
– The administration asked for members to assist them in organizing meetings and reunions for the Alcyone Circle. Mr. Lammers and Mr. Pieterse volunteered for the job.
The dinner proved to be as excellent as last time (in 1988) and the administration can look back on a very successful evening.
Summer Meeting 1989
In commemoration of the first Alcyone Reunion this one will take the same route. Time and place: Muiden on Friday 16th June ± 18.00 hours.
The “Havenmeester” has been notified of our arrival
Our schedule for the weekend is as follows:
Friday evening: Discussions
11.00 hours palaver
12.30 hours departure from Muiden
13.00 hours commence race
17.30 hours arrival in Volendam*
19.00 hours dinner in Hotel van Diepen**
11.00 hours palaver
12.00 hours sherry party at the Gouwzee
13.00 hours departure
* Mooring space has been reserved for the Alcyone Circle in Volendam
** Dinner will be held in Hotel van Diepen in Volendam in the room on the 2nd floor and will amount to DFL 32.50 per person (drinks not included). There is a choice between a fish menu and a meat menu; we would like to know beforehand how many participants would prefer the fish menu, in order to inform Hotel van Diepen accordingly.
JD van ‘t Hull
Deurloostraat 35 II
1078 HS Amsterdam
2461 BH Ter Aar